Are you a Symi Dreamer? Do you draw, paint, or create in any way? Have you been inspired by Symi island? Read on…
Here is a rare chance for Symi fans to get involved in the island with an exhibition of creativity for 2011. Here are the details of how you can exhibit at the Symi Dream gallery free of charge.
In 2011 we will be hosting an exhibition on Symi, but an exhibition with a difference. We want the work to come from Symi visitors, and that means you. In the past, at the Symi Dream gallery, we have shown work by local artists, known artists, and local Symi art groups. In 2011 though, we want Symi Dreamers to contribute. Here are the guidelines for anyone wanting to submit work:
If you have any other questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or pop into the shop if you are on the island. We will continue with our very popular ‘wine nights’ next year. These are held every Monday evening at the gallery and, so far in 2010, have attracted up to 50 people a night – this is on top of the daily gallery visitors. So you've got a great chance to get your Symi inspired work seen on the island, and featured on our blog.
Get creating and get in touch.
- Any kind of creative work will be fine, as long as it is inspired by Symi. (It doesn’t have to be of Symi.)
- The Symi Dream gallery is not big, so work can’t be too large.
- Your work must be ready to hang, framed etc. We have tables and shelves for ceramics, books, and other work that doesn’t hang on a wall.
- You’ll have to bring your work to Symi. If you are coming this year we can store the work until next year. We can also store the work after the exhibition until you return to the island. Sadly we won't be able to post things back to you, but you can arrange for friends to collect it.
- You can even bring your work during your visit, exhibit while you are here and take it away when you leave. The exhibition will, in this sense, be ‘rolling’ and changeable.
- We will display what we can, when we can – so if we are oversubscribed, we will change the display so everyone gets a fair viewing. There may be a limit of five small pieces, or two larger ones, per dreamer, depending on available space.
- Exhibitors can also display a short biography and advertise their own websites, shops and services in the gallery. Details will also be put in a new links list on the Symi Dream blog, to be called ‘Symi Dreamers.’
- Postage, delivery, storing and exhibiting of work is entirely at your own risk.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.