Christina Kirk MA.RCA
- an exhibition by Christina Kirk MA, RCA
- Symi Dream Gallery: 5th to 16th September 2011
- Monday 5th Sept - Opening night from 6pm - with wine and at 7.30pm an informal talk with the Artist Christina Kirk MA RCA
- Friday 9th Sept. 9.30-6pm - "Sketching aboard MSY Kontiki with artist Christina Kirk MA RCA." (10 people Max) Contact Symi Dream for booking and more information.
- Monday 12th September - 7.30pm Art Auction of selected paintings by the artist, with proceeds being donated to the Village School art department for equipment. Neil and James will be auctioneers and you will be able to put secret bids in before the auction. Highest bid wins. Free wine for all and our usual Monday night on the steps.
[caption id="attachment_4526" align="alignleft" width="225" caption="Christina"]
CASTING LIGHT EXHIBITION
Christina Kirk MA.RCA a Scottish abstract artist studied at the Royal College of Art, London, UK. Her Master of Arts specialised in Glass, researched an unusual historical glass technique – Pate de Verre. She is internationally reputed for her powerful, expressive sculptural works which explored balance, harmony, colour and texture. She was a key member in establishing the National Glass Centre, Sunderland and was Head of Glass and Ceramics at Sunderland University where she lectured for over 15 years.
Christina now lives with her husband on board their boat MSY Kontiki . Her current works of art are 2 dimensional paintings, combining collage and photography. They explore the vibrancy and beauty of colour and the life colour brings to a painting. Shape and form connects the mind to the known or imagined and textures express complex emotions and sensations.
[caption id="attachment_4527" align="alignright" width="225" caption="Sailing together"]
The exhibition “Casting Light” illustrates her passion for sailing – the connection with living life on the sea and life’s journeys. Symi, a place she often visits offers a feast of inspiration for her paintings.
Light is a constant source of energy captured within her paintings. It can illuminate bold lively colours which reflect her vibrant passions of life. It can also contrast the darker secrets of the unspoken.
Christina describes her paintings as “celebrated fragments of places, time and memory which explore her sensitivities and emotional responses from within to her projections and connections with her surroundings. They are expressionistic evolving in a timeless era.”
Symi Dream Gallery: 5th to 16th September 2011
- Monday 5th Sept - Opening night from 6pm (7.30pm - Informal talk with the Artist Christina Kirk MARCA)
- Friday 9th Sept. 9.30-6pm "Sketching aboard MSY Kontiki with artist Christina Kirk MA RCA." (10 people Max) Contact Symi Dream for booking and more information.
- Monday 12th September 7.30pm Art Auction of selected paintings of artist Christina Kirk MARCA